When I first heard we were headed to Dia Becon, I didn't think much of it. It was just another early day museum trip that just happened to get back before my class that evening. The bus ride was long and tedious, and it felt like forever, but what awaited us at the end of the road surprised me.
I actually really enjoyed my trip up to Dia Becon and would love to visit again. I have never been a particularly huge fan of conceptual art, but for the most part, everything there interested me. I loved the presentation of the work in the large halls, or even in the dark basement and 2nd floor, as much as I loved (most) of the work. For once, I didn't get bored with the museum as quickly as I do in others.
Though I didn't particuarly like the white canvases or postcard collection, there were several works I really did enjoy. The sound garden outside really surprised me and kept my attention for awhile (who knew you could listen to art, right?) and I absolutely loved Richard Serra's interactive sculptures. I also enjoyed the light sculptures throughout the museum and John Camberlain's metalwork.
It surprised me how much I enjoyed the work up at Dia Beacon, and I'm happy to know that the exibits are constantly changing. I can't wait to go back again to see what new works they have then.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment